Readers’ Digest interviewed PartnerHealth’s Karen Curtiss for this collection of tips and insights.
- For complex surgeries, choose a teaching hospital.
- Ask your surgeon if she will be doing your entire procedure and whether she will do your follow-up care.
- Sanitize everything! Hands, bed rails, call buttons – every surface where Superbug germs can land.
- Ask for nursing shift changes (when your care is being discussed) at your bedside when you are awake and able to participate as needed.
- Shop around for rehab centers.
See more! All fascinating and useful!